State of FINCOM - May 2014
Opening balance in April - $4664.98
PayPal transfer -$160.55 in March
PayPal transfer - $5.72 in April
Closing balance in April - $4831.25
Sales for month
Total merchandise total - $5.50
Postage collected - $0.70
PayPal fees - $0.48
Scholarship interest $0.07. The current balance $2728.89.
Great news. The Quartermaster site is now working again. INFOCOM, Mark Anderson, got the information he needed to fix the checkout section of the site. After getting it fixed, he placed an order himself and checked all of the different PayPal transactions sites to ensure it was working correctly. From what he was telling me, all of the PayPal transactions notifications are working as well as all of the transactions notifications on his personal PayPal account. I have told Mark that at IC, the first round is on me. Also I will be presenting him with a golden calculator award.
MARINES ORDER AT WILL.
If you read the State of INFOCOM, Mark gave a pretty good explanation of heartbleed which is a vulnerability to computer systems. Once again, if you do online banking, you should look at your banking site to ensure the heartbleed vulnerability has been fixed. If you don't see this, call your online banking institution and talk to their online department. One you have determined that it has been fixed, please change your password. If someone steals your money, you can't buy from the Quartermaster site.
Looking for a DCOFINCOM
Assisting the CO in overseeing all operations of the FINCOM Command and is ultimately responsible for all Command duties and responsibilities. The DCO must be ready to take over the duties of COFINCOM as needed or on an interim basis in the event that COFINCOM is unavailable to perform their duties as required.
The following qualifications will apply:
1. Must be at least 21 years of age;
2. Any staff member who handles SFMC funds, must be bondable in the amount of $25,000
3. Have regular and reliable internet access;
4. Have completed OTS, PD-100 and PD-201. OCC is also recommended;
5. Be identified as a Marine in the STARFLEET Database.
6. Must be familiar with and have used online banking programs.
7. Must be able to use and familiar with word processor and spreadsheet software, preferably MS word and Excel or similar.
8. Must be familiar with the use of PayPal.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send you qualifications to:
Please put "DCOFINCOM" in the title line of the email.
Applications for this position will end on Wednesday June 4 @2359 hrs.
BGEN Barry Jackson